Ground Segment Engineer
The European Organisational Research Group is a Talent Finding, HR Assessment and Development company for large European groups. For many years, EORG has been investing in high technology forevaluation and development of middle and top management figures.
Its process of recruiting is a revolutionary Talent Finding and Assessment Strategies service and it bases the selective process on articulated phases of web assessments, which allow to respond to clients with a high depth of analysis in terms of technical, behavioural, and managerial evaluations.
Our client is a prestigious multinational corporation known for providing highly specialized professionalism and expertise in many sectors. It is spread over several locations worldwide, from where specific international projects are supported.
It planned to insert some professional profiles necessary to deal with new international projects.
The company wishes to evaluate a qualified GROUND SEGMENT ENGINEER, who satisfy the different requirements, in term of curriculum, knowledge and skills:
BASIC REQUIREMENT FOR ALL POSITIONS
Availability for relocation
English language: Minimum level B2
In the frame of the PDGS Engineering Support Service, the following activities have been requested by the Customer.
This activity is intended to support the Company PDGS Manager in all tasks related to the operational L2 processors and algorithms, instrument calibration and performance monitoring and L2 data quality. The support is intended to be provided from phase C/D to phase E1 and possibly during phase E2.
The scope of the activity encompasses:
• Support to Company L2 processing sub-systems development, validation and testing
• Support to the integration of L2 processor sub-systems into the PDGS
• Support to the definition of the quality control and instrument performance monitoring concept for the Company L2 products
• Support to the Company L2 products format specification.
• Support to the Company Cal/Val activities planning and implementation
The activity of the Work Package will be based on the following Company input:
• Mission Requirements Document;
• Level 2 processors documentation;
• PDGS Interface Control Documents;
• PDGS Integration and Validation Plan;
• Ground Segment Validation Plan;
• PDGS Commissioning Implementation Plan;
• Instrument Calibration and Monitoring Facility documentation;
• Cal/Val Requirements Documents;
• Cal/Val planning documentation;
• Instrument model and simulator and associated documentation
• Mission CFIs documentation and software.
The following deliverables are expected:
• Contribution to PDGS sub-systems management documentation (Plans, SoW, Reports, etc.);
• Contribution to PDGS design documents;
• Contribution to PDGS Sub-Systems Requirements Documents;
• Inputs to Company Quality Control including definition of monitoring baseline and quality control reports for level 2 products.
• Technical notes, Minutes of Meetings, reports, review item discrepancies and problem reports within the scope of the work package;
• Testing specifications for the integration and validation of the relevant facilities;
• Contribution to Test Data Set specification and generation;
• Contribution to preparation of PDGS sub-systems operational documentation;
• Contribution to PDGS commissioning documentation;
• Ad-hoc developed tools.
The contractor shall perform the following tasks:
• Management Support:
- Preparation/Maintenance of Company L2 and Cal/Val managerial documentation (e.g. implementation plans)
- Coordination of industries in charge of L2 algorithm sub-systems development and L2 product quality related activities
- Reviews within CompanyL2 and Cal/Val related projects
- Planning and Preparation of documentation for the phase E2 L2 related data quality activities (including L2 processor maintenance and evolution as well as product validation and monitoring)
• Support the PDGS Project for the acceptance Company level 2 Processors
• Review of documentation from various sources: ESA, Industry, Cal/Val community
• Participation to Ground Segment Reviews and PDGS reviews organized either by ESA or by Industry
• Support to the PDGS Integration and Validation and Ground Segment Validation phases addressing the PDGS Level 2 processors:
• Management of the review item discrepancies, system or software problem reports and action linked to L2 and Cal/Val activities
• Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the relevant project phases
• Operations of the various supporting tools for the part relevant to L2 and Cal/Val related activities (e.g. Documentation Management System and Action Tracking)
• Support for operators training and preparation of operational documentation for the phase E2 data quality management
• Support for definition and documentation of the PDGS Commissioning
• Implementation Plan and procedures for the relevant PDGS sub-systems
• Support for the preparation of the launch and the implementation of rehearsal activities for Cal/Val and L2 applications
• Support to the definition of the Mission Performance Monitoring Facility operations, monitoring and reporting during commissioning related to level 2 products
• Support to definition of monitoring concept and associated monitoring database for Company level 2 products
• Support to the definition of quality reports for the Company level 2 products
• Quality control results analysis and reporting during commissioning
• Definition and evolution of products Quality Control and Instruments Monitoring baselines
• Support for processing algorithms definition and review
• Support for calibration strategy and algorithms definition and review
• Support to products format definition
• Participation to the Company Mission Advisory Groups and Quality Working Groups
• Ad-hoc development of tools for the accomplishment of the PDGS sub-systems engineering, testing and validation, etc.
• Workshop planning
• He/she will be requested to travel on mission.
Activity required skills
• University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in engineering or Remote Sensing
• Expertise in applications of SAR Polarimetry and Polarimetric Interferometry
For the complete list of skills, please see the related Skill matrix
Start of Activity 01/01/2022 (Client will be happy to start the activity before)
LOCATION: Rome (Italy)
AVAILABILITY: January/February 2022
Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org